The Plextor M7V SSD is a good deal

CNET editor Dong Ngo uses the Plextor M7V to demonstrate how migrating to SSDs will bring us happiness. Subscribe to CNET: http://bit.ly/17qqqCs Watch …

16 thoughts on “The Plextor M7V SSD is a good deal

• April 22, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Look up for ADATA instead of this one, you can get a 1 TB drive for $210 US on Amazon.com (ad not sponsored)

• April 22, 2016 at 10:57 pm

SSD's are so much better than HDD's! A lot of people are skeptical and don't want to make the switch over to an SSD. But I gotta tell you, it's worth it. Swapping out my HDD for an SSD was literally the best mod I've ever done to any PC. I don't run any HDD's in any of my systems anymore. They all have SSD's now because they are far superior and much faster than HDD's. From the moment I press the power button to the login screen, only takes my computer 4 seconds. After I log in, I wait about 2 seconds and I can start opening every app I want without lag because the computer is still starting up and loading everything. This problem doesn't exist with an SSD.

In short, I replaced every HDD in all of my systems for SSD's and I couldn't be happier. Also, I would recommend the Samsung 850 EVO or Samsung 850 Pro for an SSD. They are both fantastic and the only difference is the 850 PRO is a little bit quicker writing and reading. I have the 850 EVO's in all in every single computer I have.

• April 22, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Dong, will this drive work in an older Mac Book Pro? I have a 2011 model with the disk drive on the side. I would love to be able to replace the hard drive in my Mac with this if it will work.

• April 22, 2016 at 10:57 pm

I thought Dong Ngo would have said, "You wont start lasting until you start living" that would of been a good quote!